Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blog #3

Writing in a group was something new to me.  I do not really remember writing a group paper before this.  I was interested to see how writing in a group would work out due to the different personalities and writing styles that people have. 

I actually ended up really enjoying working in a group, or with my partner, on the informative summary.  I guess that it was the luck of the draw when choosing my partner, but we got along very well.  We worked very well together and had very similar writing styles.  I think that we both took the reins and ended up writing a great paper. 

I liked that we were able to share our opinions about the article we chose, because I was able to see another person's views.  Instead of being by myself with only my take on the article or something in the article, I was able to hear her take as well.  There were things that she picked out that I would have never seen or thought of, and I did the same.  It was nice to have someone there to immediately begin proofreading, saying that something was great, and/or saying that something did not make any sense at all.  I would definitely do the group thing again, as long as I get a partner like I had for this one!

When writing my evaluative summary I did not have too much trouble deciding on whether or not the author proved and backed up their points.  I knew the stance I wanted to take and my thoughts came pretty quickly to me.  I was able to find things in the article that I wanted to talk about and that I had an opinion on.  This was made easier for me because I was able to see another person's way of doing this on the previous article I used for my group essay.  I was able to put the two techniques together for my personal use.  I believe that I did a good job of organizing and getting the point across. 

1 comment:

  1. It is, indeed, the luck of the draw with group work. Sounds like it worked out well for you, though.

    30/30 (for all 3)

    ReplyDelete