Monday, October 11, 2010

Research Paper Free Write

What are my interests?  Well, I love to hang out with friends and family.  I really enjoy just being home playing games, cards, or watching television.  My family gets together several times a year, not just holidays, and we just hang out talking, playing cards, eating, and drinking wine.  My family pretty much all gets along so it is always a good time.  Many times my friends end up joining in the fun with us too.

I love to watch reality TV.  I will pretty much watch any reality show whether it be some type of game show or a show following the life of someone.  For example, I like to watch The Amazing Race, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Real World Road Rules Challenge, Teen Mom, and The Real Housewives.  I do not exactly know why I enjoy these shows, but I guess it could be because I get to see inside the lives of other people and it is not scripted (for the most part).  I like the excitement of the challenge or game shows.  It is interesting to see how people interact and plot against or with one another to win something.  Sometimes I feel like I want to try to be on one of those shows to see if I could actually win!

I also recently really got into a show on Showtime called Dexter.  I am completely hooked.  I actually went out and rented Seasons 1-3 and watched them all within a week and a half!  I have another season to watch to be caught up, because season 5 is what is airing right now.  Dexter is about a man that lives 2 separate lives.  He is a Forensics blood splatter expert, has great rapport with his colleagues and sister, has a girlfriend and her 2 kids that love him, but he is also a serial killer.  He kills people that murdered other people and got away with it.  For example, someone that raped and killed little boys, but got away with it because there was not enough evidence to convict.  Dexter feels as if he is helping out the world by getting rid of these bad people.  He just has to try to avoid getting caught.  It is very interesting!

Right now, I am also really into to Football.  I like all sports, but I really enjoy watching NFL Football. Every Sunday football is on my TV all day.  We make a bunch of food and sometimes have friends and family over to join us.  I also joined my first fantasy football league this year, I am not doing so well, but it makes watching the games a lot more exciting because you want your players to do well.  Picking the teams that you think are going to win and picking the players that you think are going to do the best that day for your team is both fun and exciting.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see you write on adult sibling relationships -- you could argue that they are or are not "adult." For example, one of my sisters and I don't get along well. My other siblings and I get along pretty well. I would research something like family dynamics, etc.

    ReplyDelete