Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blog #2

When I found out that I had to write an essay in class, on the first day of class, I was shocked!  I was not prepared for it at all.  It had been almost two years since I had written an essay.  I was very nervous about writing the diagnostic essay because of the time constraints.  If I had to do it again, I would try to be more relaxed and take more time to get my thoughts together and organized.

I enjoy writing when I am able to take my time to proofread and revise, revise, revise!  I also like to get my ideas written down, kind of like an outline, and then begin writing my paper.  Once I have my ideas I can write an organized paper.  I do not think that my diagnostic paper was very well organized.  It was just a lot of information thrown together to complete two pages!  If I would have had more than 45 minutes to write it, I would have gone back to make several changes.  I would have been scribbling out sentences, moving sentences around and choosing better words to use.  Time is something that I need to make a paper a great paper.

My strengths have to be that I am an organized writer.(When I have time!) Once I have decided what I want to write about, I can get to work and I can keep my thoughts coming.  The tough part, is deciding what I want to write about!  I have many opinions and I like to express them.  One of my weaknesses in writing has to be second guessing myself.  It is hard for me to want to sit down and start a paper.  I second guess myself on whether or not something is going to be good enough to write about.  It drives me crazy because I can spend hours going back and forth with myself about whether or not I should use something in my papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment